Excellence of Execution
- Every applicant should hold the highest personal standards for his or her work.
- The work must be well made and impeccably finished.
- A mastery of the medium should be apparent.
- Sculpting should be flawless, with accurate proportions or, if exaggerated, should harmoniously fit the concept of the piece.
- Hair should be of a material appropriate to the piece and flawlessly applied.
- Costuming should be well conceived and expertly sewn, using materials appropriate to the figure’s scale and/or its intended effect.
Identity of Design
Every applicant should have a style of working that is unique, consistent and recognizable. Having a true signature style elevates the work into the realm of high art, which is an essential element of NIADA’s standards.
NIADA looks for works that inspire an emotional response. Is the work engaging, captivating? Does it transform, illuminate or inspire?
Applicants application links
Select a score number, if you are giving a score of 1 or 2 please explain why.
Please score the following artists applications 1 – 5 according to the following criteria:
5 = All objectives met
4 = A positive vote with reservations
2 = A negative vote but shows promise
1 = None of the objectives are met
Please add comments
These will be sent to the artists if they request their comments. They will not have your name attached but will be helpful to an artist to understand why they received the score they did. They do not receive their score but only a notification that they passed or did pass. Your comments and feedback are an important part of this process.
Form Note: In the event of a code error, the form will not retain the info in the comment areas, Cut/paste your comments into the text box and verify the score numbers are selected.
Click button below to access the Score Sheet2020 Artists Membership Voting Form2020 Artists Membership Voting Form