ARTIST MEMBER APPLICATION ~ Initial Image Review :: Images submitted by applicant for evaluation by the Standards Committee.
“Hear the song of my heart!”
2016/ 50 cm./ Mixed media: polymer clay, artificial hair, wrapped with copper wire
Hush! Close your eyes Feel the wind blowing, twisting and knotting hair into a tight braid, the touch of the sunbeam gently caressing the golden skin. Dive into the living coolness of crystal water and breathe in the endless love of Mother Earth.
Hush! Feel the Tam-Tam‘s ringing rhythm of my heart. And then you will hear a quiet song, a bright bird flying through the infinity of space and time…
Excellence of Artistry
- Every applicant should hold the highest personal standards for his or her work.
- The work must be well-designed, made, and finished.
- The work must show excellent control of the medium.
- Sculpting should be flawless, with accurate proportions or, if exaggerated, should harmoniously fit the concept of the piece.
- Hair should be of a material appropriate to the piece and flawlessly applied.
- Costuming should be created out of a good idea or concept and be expertly made, using materials appropriate to the figure’s scale or its intended effect.
Identity of Design
- Every applicant should have a style of working that is unique, consistent, and recognizable. Having a true signature style is an essential element of NIADA’s standards.
- NIADA looks for engaging, captivating work that inspires a meaningful response.
Return to Standards Voting - Part IReturn to Standards Voting - Part I