ARTIST MEMBER APPLICATION ~ Initial Image Review :: Images submitted by applicant for evaluation by the Standards Committee.
Excellence of Execution
- Every applicant should hold the highest personal standards for his or her work.
- The work must be well made and impeccably finished.
- A mastery of the medium should be apparent.
- Sculpting should be flawless, with accurate proportions or, if exaggerated, should harmoniously fit the concept of the piece.
- Hair should be of a material appropriate to the piece and flawlessly applied.
- Costuming should be well conceived and expertly sewn, using materials appropriate to the figure’s scale and/or its intended effect.
Identity of Design
Every applicant should have a style of working that is unique, consistent and recognizable. Having a true signature style elevates the work into the realm of high art, which is an essential element of NIADA’s standards.
NIADA looks for works that inspire an emotional response. Is the work engaging, captivating? Does it transform, illuminate or inspire?
Return to Standards Voting - Part IReturn to Standards Voting - Part I