NIADA Artist Membership
NIADA encourages gifted artists who create completely original dolls to strive for the finest realization of their talents. Requirements for membership are the highest; Artist Membership
in NIADA is awarded through election. Anyone wishing to apply for Artist Membership should review the information on the NIADA Standards page and the Becoming a NIADA Artist Member page. For any further information or questions, contact US Standards Chair: Stephanie Blythe.
It is highly recommended that artists interested in membership attend at least one NIADA Conference, if possible, before deciding to apply. This allows the applicant to meet NIADA Artists, get an idea of the responsibilities and involvement required of membership, and to assess the standards of NIADA relative to their own work. Conferences also offer the opportunity for NIADA Artists to become acquainted with the work of potential applicants.
Artist Members are expected to participate in NIADA activities and help with the requirements of keeping the organization functioning, both at the annual conference and other times during the year. Annual dues are $50.00.
NIADA Patron Membership
Anyone can assist NIADA and become a NIADA patron, you only need an appreciation of art!
Patrons are a very important part of NIADA. Patrons actively support and promote NIADA in
many ways, such as the education of other collectors and the general public about fine art dolls, purchase of NIADA dolls, promotion of NIADA artists at shows and galleries, carrying NIADA work
in shops, providing magazine interviews or writing articles, and representing NIADA in various business ventures. Patrons are instrumental in organizing and facilitating the annual conference and other events, and they volunteer for assignments that expedite the year-round operation of NIADA. Annual dues are $50.00.
There are many benefits to being a NIADA Patron, including:
1. Early entrance into the Show and Sale room at conferences
2. Invitation to NIADA Artist/Patron luncheon during conferences
3. Reduced registration fee for NIADA conferences
4. Working closely with NIADA Artists to further the art of the doll
5. NIADA newsletter chat group (includes all NIADA artist and patron members)
6. Wholesale rates on NIADA products for resale
7. Access to the NIADA archives of photos and articles
8. Connection to other like-minded collectors
Patrons also have responsibilities to NIADA. As mentioned, Patrons are expected to support and promote NIADA. Some Patrons volunteer their time and others contribute resources.
All Patron activities are welcome and needed … and rewarding!
The following are examples of Patron contributions to NIADA:
1. Assist at conferences
2. Present a program or participate in a panel discussion at a conference
3. Buy Helper tickets at conferences
("Helpers" are raffle items of NIADA-related items for which tickets are sold)
4. Bring items for the Helper Room at conferences
5. Bring NIADA dolls to share if there is a Patron exhibit at conferences
6. Investigate potential hotels for conferences
7. Serve on NIADA committees and/or the Board
8. Look for opportunities to advance "the art of the doll" (e.g., programs at doll clubs;
provide tours of personal collection; write articles for local newspapers)
9. Purchase NIADA dolls, books and related items
10. Make financial contributions to NIADA for example: scholarship fund; underwrite a program;
fund the purchase of equipment or souvenirs
Other information: Patrons are not entitled to a discount on NIADA dolls, although some artists have offered it. WE DO NOT ASK. It is not required that a patron own NIADA dolls, and of course Patrons may collect whatever else appeals to them. Patrons are not required to be a member of UFDC or a doll club.
to be a NIADA Patron: click button to fill out the Patron Application
Contact Patron Director Laurel Breitkopf if you have any questions.